- VCU will host a virtual commencement celebration, launching May 8, to honor the many achievements of our May 2020 graduates. This involves an interactive online platform to individually recognize students in combination with a virtual commencement and yearbook website. May graduates also are invited to participate in the December commencement ceremonies to honor all 2020 graduates. May graduates will be contacted with more information.
- View all of the workshops, social connection opportunities and operational events provided across the Division of Student Affairs by visiting their website.
- All in-person on-campus events are cancelled until further notice.
- VCU President Michael Rao announced that VCU will not be able to hold May commencement exercises as planned, following the advice of the CDC and other public health officials agree that large events should be suspended at least eight weeks for the health and welfare of attendees.
- All 2020 graduates will be honored at the university commencement ceremony on Saturday, December 12, 2020. VCU intends to provide all graduates with the full pomp and circumstance of commencement that they deserve, and promises to deliver a grand ceremony for all 2020 graduates at that time.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you will still receive email from TelegRAM, only it will arrive in your VCU email inbox only twice a week for the time being. This change in frequency will allow VCU time to confirm with event organizers to ensure what’s listed is really happening.
In lieu of an on-campus Graduation Fair, the university is partnering with Balfour to host a virtual Grad Fair. Graduating students and their families can now purchase their cap and gown, VCU class rings, commencement announcements, diploma frames and more. For more information, visit the Graduation Fair web page.